examples/ directory contains some example programs. Here are some notes about the more interesting ones.
- colors Interactively choose a colour in RGB/HLS format
- cursors Show all available mouse cursors
- dndtest Demonstrate tree/list drag and drop, and in-place editing
- editor A simple text editor
- explorer A simple file-system explorer
- fonttest Explore available fonts
- geturl A very useful command-line program for retrieving files over http (rather like wget). Run
geturl -help for options.
- lslinks List the HTML links in a web page.
- memorytracker Run an object icon program and show its memory usage (try
- memdebug A program to examine another program's memory, and check for memory leaks -see this page for details
- stock A stock-ticker program. Enter a ticker symbol in the text field and press return, or a company name and select from the drop-down suggestions. Right-click on the ticker symbol to delete it.
- suggest A tongue-in-cheek demo of the
SuggestField class, which is a
TextField with a popup list offering suggestions.
- browser A simple web browser, built upon the classes in the
ipl.browser package, which can render HTML documents.
- flowterm A terminal emulator with a difference - see this page for details
- bus A program to browse a map of the London bus network -see this page for details
- ttexplorer Like
explorer above, but uses a